Monday, April 28, 2008

Latest poetry, dewds!

(Me and my boyfriend went through a bad spot.
Thus is the product-)

April 20
"Give up your comprimises"


"Give up your comprimises-
Give in to your promises"

head aching.

"Promise me"
"I promise"

stomach churning.


"You don't have to take me back"
"I don't even have the strength to begin with"

body trembling.

"I'll wait for you to learn"
"I'll wait for you to heal"

soft sobbing.


"It may take me a while"
"I can wait, if only for you"

heart pounding.

"Do you still love me?"
"I'll always love you."

black out.



(This one took FOREVER. It's in Latin and English. Maybe if you're extra nice I'll give you the translation. ;])

April 22
"Ex Abundantia Enim Cordis Os Liquitur."



Ad absurdum,


I may seem naïve,


But what they don't know is-


Alis valit propris.


Aut viam inveniam
aut faciam.


I am stronger than you think


And I know


Amor et melle et felle
est feandissmismus,


Sic vita est.


But I think love is


What God sent to


Liberate me ex infernuis.


Mala tempora currunt,


So we must take advantage
of the good times we do get.


To let the times of love and
joy pass you by is simply


Non possumus.


Sunt lacrimae rerum…


And love, I can admit,
may be one of them.


We are all


Nunquam minus solus
quam cum solus-


Servo permaneo
bouis provestri.


You alone,


Can tighten or loosen
love's grasp, and


Solus ipre…


Odi et amo.


I sit and wait for evil,


-and yet-


Non tiemblo mala.


Dies Irae


Has nothing on me.


I know what can
really hurt,


Hinc illae lacrimae.


Dum spiro spero


That one day,


While the world waits-


Uno flatu,


Surgam.


No one can stop us


And I shall be


Totus tuus-


Dulcussime, totam
tibi subdo me.


I know it was
meant to be


And now,


Noster nostril.


Audeamus-


We've got nothing
to lose.


The world won't know
what hit 'em.


Dulce periculum,


Finis vitae sed
non amoris.


We can take them,


If we go together.


Igne natura
renovator integra.


Non sum quails eram


-And we are not
such as we were-


For we are better,
stronger.


Para bellum,


Pro nunc nos pugna.


We must if we wish to stay
within each other's grasp.


There will be those
who try to stop us.


In fine,


Natura non contristatur-


For it knows


It is the strong who live.


Quod ut is est super


Quod nos fui lucror
nostrum pugna,


We will stand as one


And pity those around us


Quonium nos fuimus sulum alia.






quod iam ego vere teneo

quid amor est.




(I like seriously just wrote this one. It's hot off the press, baby. I dunno what my inspiration for this one was, really. As if I really know anything about love. Well, as I said in the last poem "To the absurd, I may seem naive. But what they don't know is- She flies with her own wings. Either I shall find a way or I shall make one. I am stonger than you think, and I know love is full of both honey and venom.")

April 28
"Love."


Love is a simple thing,
Yet still a complex webbing of twists and turns.

Love means more than the world,
Yet some would give it up because of complications.

Love is something you want to persevere for,
Yet some give in, like it means nothing.

Love is a peaceful pasture full of nothing but cows to moo at you whilst you go on merrily,
Yet love is a jungle full of geurillas that will attack you at every turn.

Love is an old, beautiful antiquity,
Yet love is also a new, alien technology that we've yet to figure out.

Love is something to be shared,
Yet something to be kept selfishly and cherished, for you may never see it again.

Love is rarely given nowadays,
Yet always taken.

Love has few synonyms that really mean the same thing,
Yet love has many inuendos or connotations attached that mean nothing to someone who really knows what love is.

Love can create much beatitude and cheerfullness,
Yet destroy someone's entire being.

Love can give much,
Yet take away more.

Love can brighten all and make everything clearer,
Yet love can obscure all your vision, making things nearly impossible to see or make sense.

Love can last a lifetime,
Yet... it can also hurt for a lifetime.

Love can make,
Yet it can break any relationship you have.

Love wants to be the basis of the whole world,
Yet, hate really is.

Love leads one down the path to enlightenment,
Yet can also lead one to dejection and despair.

Love is meant to be taken advantage of and adored,
Yet love is more commonly looked over and thrown away.

Love is easy to recognise,
Yet we always fool ourselves into masking it and think it's something else.

Love is something we all want,
Yet it we never want to give it, for fear of not having any in return.

Love is something I want, need,
Yet, I ask nothing of you.

Love is what I long for, dream about at night,
Yet I don't want it from anyone.

That is...
Anyone but you.

3 comments:

KellyKline said...

I'd love to see a translation of the English/Latin one.

You're awesome.

Rachel said...

Since you started posting your poetry, I have been trying to come up with a way to express my admiration of your talent without sounding like a lame adult. I haven't come up with anything so please accept my compliment and just pretend I'm not lame, mmk?

Emily Kline said...

mom- will do, ladyfriend!
rach- haha, ok. i'll try.