Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Life goes on, sadly enough.

So Dylan graduated Monday.

Yes, I know.
It's weird.

Mr. Homebody is all grown up and going out on his own. :[ I mean, of course we're going to see enough of him. He says he'll be home every weekend, but I hope that once he gets out there he changes his mind. Not that I don't want to see him, of course, but I want him to be comfortable being out there on his own. I'm sure he'll learn.

You know, it's really sad how as soon as he and I begin to get along a bit better, he has to leave. But I suppose that's just how things work.

I actually planned out this whole thing in secret from Dylan to surprise him, too! ;P
We have a choir banquet every year at the end of the year and we all get pins for what year we're in in choir and there's superlatives and the seniors get recognized.
So, I'd talked to our director, Mrs. Elliott, and got a spot to give a speech for him.

I had an idea as to what to write, but, unsurprisingly, I wrote it all the day of the banquet. Good thing I have a knack for writing, eh?

My whole goal of the speech was one, of course, to have it be special for my brother. Secondly, I wanted it to be something that wouldn't bore people. And third, I'll admit I wanted a few people to cry.

1) succeeded
2) succeeded
3) succeeded A LOT

I really didn't expect that many people to cry, but i had the whole house face-raining.

But enough about me.

I never really expressed much interest in what Dylan did or didn't do, at least pertaining to school nonsense, but I really am proud of him. Though he may have waited last minutes for somethings, I'm still astonished at where he has put himself.
He is so talented and smart, I know he can do what he wants, if he puts his mind to it. I mean, not to sound cheesy, but it is mildly required.

I do have that speech written down somewhere... I'm sure I'll find it in like 3 months and blog it eventually.

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

That's a great post, Emily. And your speech at the banquet was a really significant milestone in your maturity too, I think. You impressed the heck outta me and made me very proud.

I love you,

-Dad