Wednesday, January 21, 2009

harumph.

My insides hurt.

O______O


I suppose it's all in my head.
I've come to terms with the fact that I am not perfect, and there's nothing I can do about it.
If you don't like me, the way I act, the things I say, or the way I dress, then tough shit.
That's me.
Maybe you'll get used to it.
I'm a teenager, I change constantly- Maybe you'll find a persona in me that you'll like.

But, if you don't, I don't mind.


Of course it matters somewhat.
It's like if you love a shirt, then someone tells you they don't like it.
You're still going to wear it, but it'd always be better if they did like it.


Yeah, it'd be cool if you liked me.
But if you don't, that's cool with me, too.

Something you might not know is that I've been in therapy for about 5 months.
Distilled feelings are as follows: hurt, anger, sadness, betrayal.
Instilled ideas are as follows: It's ok to be angry, for the right reasons. I am worth it.

I'm trying.
I'm pushing to make it.
My goal is to be who you want me to be, and who I want to be at the same time.
But I'm taking it slow.
I'd rather not push myself too hard.





On another note,
Postsecret.blogspot.com has changed my life.
Well, not really, but it is pretty amazing.
I hope you've heard of it, but for those of you who haven't, it's this project where a guy just asked people to send him postcards with their secrets on them.

I sent in one today.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

If your post-secret is "My step mom is mean", I'm gonna kick your bootie :)

Seriously, the things you are learning about yourself are the things most of us spend our whole lives trying to figure out. I'm a bit jealous.

Zebraman said...

Awesome post, sweetheart. Keep on keeping on.