Sunday, June 08, 2008

AUGH!

So we got home from a week at Orange Beach yesterday...to a buglarized house!
I'll save the Orange Beach stories for another blog, but for now- THE ROBBERY!

My brother and I pulled into the driveway (we went in seperate cars because there were so many of us) and the garage door was open. Dylan was like, "Oh, don't even tell me...". There was something on the floor of the garage and I got out of the car to get it. So I went and picked up, whaddaya know, a silver platter.

We walked inside to the kitchen to find almost every cabinet open, really nothing missing. 'Cept they ate some of our ice cream.
We turn into the dining room- only a few china plates gone. No, not the whole set, just some plates. Some of our silver is gone, but not all of it. There was also something that wasn't even there before- a knife. A very sharp, scary, stabba-stabba knife. Yeah.
We turn into the living room- our big ol' flatscreen tv is gone, wires hanging every which-way. But not our amazing surround sound system.
Went into dad's office- no civil war rifles and sabres (hint hint)or coin collection or computer to be found anywhere. But the nice flatscreen monitor is still there.
Go into our keeping room- Big tv still there. It's nice. You wouldn't know that it's broken if you looked at it. (hint hint) Computer gone. Flatscreen monitor still there.
Dad's room- Guitar gone. Nice antique trunk gone. Bedspread gone. (obviously to carry stuff in.)All his jewelry gone. Yes, class ring and all.
Dad's closet- Every bag rifled through. None taken. (I think they must've been looking for something.) Only thing gone from his closet is one suade sports jacket. Out of allll his nice jackets and whatnot, they take a sports jacket. O_o?
Adjacent closet- Light not even on. Desk not touched. Not a single storage box opened.
Dad's bathroom- No lights on. Nothing gone.
My room- Comforter gone. Psp gone. Tv still there. But only one set of drawers gone through. One drawer broken. Crap all across my room. Even if they did take something, I would never know. I'm thinking they got through one drawer and figured I just had crap. (Little did they know, I have a fabulous light-brite set they could've taken! MWA-HA-HA-HAAA!)
Dylan's room- Both tvs still there. Recliner flipped. My futon (he still hasn't given that thing back) cushion flipped. Computer taken, crappy monitor still there. But they wouldn't know it was crappy unless...(hint hint)I don't remember what else was gone from his room.
Anna and Katie's room- Sock drawer gone through. Polly pocket dumped on floor. But they didn't even go into the big storage room at the back of their closet. How did they know we don't have anything besides like Christmas stuff in there? (hint hint) Tv still there.


Kay, so they had to be looking for something, right? Why else would they search every bag in my dad's closet, or a polly pocket bag?
And they MUST have known us.
How did they know our keeping room tv was broken?
How did they know our heirlooms were valuable?
They only took a few obviously valuable things, and lots of things that were'nt quite so obvious.
How did they know?
And my dad is gone on business trips all the time, why did they pick now when all of us were gone? Was it someone who only heard that we were gone from school?
Hmm.




BTW- Know anyone with a red Dodge Durango?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Erica!
I own a blog to and was looking at other peoples blogs when I found yours!
Its so cool!
Would like to get to know you!
Please post on my Blog, the-cousins-connection.blogspot.com.
You'll recongize it my the pic of my puppy Ruby.

Please send my blog some love!

The Boss

KellyKline said...

This sucks raw eggs.

Hopefully, insurance will cover most everything.

By the way ... you've been tagged